This should be a fabulous evening and we would love your support to end MS!
The 2018 Yellow Rose Gala will be held on April 7, 2018 at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel. To learn more about the good this foundation does and details about the event, you can visit the website here.
After years of walking my sellers and buyers through the inspection process and personally remodeling & building, I’ve compiled this reference that I hope you find helpful.
- Professionally clean chimneys, check mortar conditions & chimney caps (chimney fires can be devastating)
- Inspect roof for missing/damaged shingles & areas that need to be sealed (e.g., around skylights & vent pipes)
- Clean gutters seasonally
- Walk exterior of home checking for missing mortar, cracking, soil erosion, pest entry, rotted wood, excess water, window/door damage
- Keep trees & shrubs trimmed away from home & roof line (if you have a tree that is architecturally enhancing your home but extremely close, a root barrier may be installed to prevent roots from penetrating plumbing, etc.)
- Keep trees thinned to prevent loss during ice storms
- Keep landscape soil line 4-6 in. from foundation line to prevent undetected pest & termite intrusion
- Check sprinkler system & rain freeze gauge annually to make sure there are no leaks or water hitting the home (Summer hours: early morning // Winter hours: warmest time of the day; rain/freeze gauge may prevent the sprinkler from operating during continuous cold weather)
- Winterize outdoor faucets
- Keep outdoor wood surfaces painted to prevent wood rot
- Check garage doors to make sure they are in working order & in compliance with safety code
- Check fencing & gates for repairs
- Pool should be professionally maintained year-round
- Pier & beam construction – inspect crawl space for pest entry, excess water, soil erosion & necessary foundation repairs
- Check attic space for pest intrusion, proper insulation, proper ventilation (improper ventilation causes premature roof damage)
- Smoke/Fire detectors should be in or outside of each bedroom; one window should properly open in each bedroom for fire safety
- Install carbon monoxide detectors (buy at hardware store & plug in)
- Security systems should be properly maintained & monitored
- Maintain plumbing & inspect annually: water heater, slow draining areas, leaks, connections under sinks, toilet parts, water hose from washer to wall, proper grout/caulk in showers & tubs prevent leaking, rotted wood & shower pan replacement
- Service AC & Heat semi-annually with frequent filter changes. Drain lines should be properly cleared to prevent leaks
- Ice makers should be serviced to prevent costly leaks
- Elevators/Mechanicals require annual (or in some cases semi-annual) servicing
- Clear dryer vents to prevent fire Maintain flooring to preserve quality
- If doors do not shut shut properly, it is usually an indication of movement – check drainage & foundation
- For maximum energy efficiency install: LED lighting, proper attic ventilation & insulation, programmable thermostat, and tankless water heaters. Keep vents dust & mold free
- Consider a master surge protector for the entire house
Before Listing Your Home
Before listing your home, accomplish the previously listed tasks & consider these additions:
- Declutter, stage, freshen, tighten hardware, clean windows, paint if needed, & add color to landscape.
- Make sure all lighting is functional
Pull out your creative pallet and add your very own cool factor to this unique 1977 one-level University Park property with an open floor plan and 2 master suites!
Imagine being able to walk to all these great spots: Snider Plaza (Shopping and Restaurants), SMU (Tate Lecture Series and Museums), Intermediate-Middle School (No Carpooling), UP Pool and Tennis Courts (Carefree Exercise). Feel light and bright with the open flowing spaces, vaulted ceilings, skylights, and hand-scraped hardwoods as you enter and see the living, dining, family room with the fireplace and kitchen. Kick back in your master suite with a sitting room and fireplace, knowing that another member of your family is enjoying the secondary master suite. Accomplish great work in your large vaulted study with built-ins and closet or use it as a fifth bedroom. Make light of laundry in the separate full-size utility with extra refrigerator space. Circular drive makes it easy for family and friends to drop by for poolside entertainment. You won’t run out of storage with the recently added 12’ X 20’ discreetly placed storage.
See more photos here. Call me today to set up a tour!
Get your game on in this 4 bedroom, 3 and a half bath home! You’ll feel welcomed to the large living room with a fireplace that opens to a gourmet kitchen featuring a center island, a 6-burner cooktop, breakfast bar, a separate casual and fine dining room all overlooking a stone covered patio and open patio with firepit.
Feel the privacy of the large master suite with doors to the covered patio and well-equipped master bath. Count on accomplishing a great deal of work in your well planned study featuring a built in granite desk. Really get your game on in the 24′ X 18′ upstairs game-media room with large separate bar space. If you are a project person you will find your happy spot in the oversized attached garage.
Contact me today to set up a tour!